Friday, November 30, 2007

Calling Marcelina

After we left the police station it was 1pm and we werent calling Marcelina until 730pm. Those were the longest hours of my life and I didnt know what to do with them. I went up to the internet cafe and called Jimmy and told him the great news but also expressed my fear of her not wanting to see me. This is always a possiblity in finding your birth mother, she may not want to be found.
Kept myself busy talking to Susie over lunch. Then watching TV.
Gloria (god bless Gloria) was going to make the call. Around 740pm she made the call with Susie and me there. I was stressing, sweating, pacing, worring and crying. Gloria spoke to Tersea Marcelina`s daughter and she said Marcelina wouldnt be home for another half an hour because she was at her sister`s house. Waiting some more. This time I couldnt be there for the call so I stayed upstairs in my room pacing. I kept looking out the window seeing Gloria still on the phone. Finally Susie yelled up and told me to come down and gave me 2 thumbs up. I was over the moon and flew down the stairs into Susie`s arms. Susie told me yes she does want to see you. I think i held Susie bawling for 10 mins uncontrolably crying, she was too. Gloria came out eventually and told us she told Marcelina she has a special person here all the way from Australia looking for you. Gloria asked if Marcelina had had a baby in Talca in 1982 and confirmed her name and birthdate. Marcelina at first was alittle taken back and reserved and started to whisper to Gloria you know I am married and that no one knows about her. Gloria expressed that I mean no harm and that we can meet alone and that no one needs to know. Marcelina told Gloria that she was raped she also told her she had 2 daughters before me and then 2 after me. She married in 1985 and moved up to Santiago and she works in Los Condes which is right near our hotel. She said she could meet us tom after work around 6pm and Gloria gave her the hotel`s number to call us tom. After that I was a mess again with the crying, hugging, sobbing and feeling sick. I still couldn`t believe that this was happening and that we had found her. I had dreamed about this moment for as long as I can remember. It was a dream come true.

No comments: