Friday, November 30, 2007

Meeting Marcelina and Norita

Well it seems like every time I write in this blog I crying...well I crying again. After numerous sleepless nights last night I got zero because I knew today i would meet Marcelina. Susie and I tried to keep busy all day. I got my legs waxed, had lunch and we brough a bottle of whisky for Rodregous the policeman who helped me find Marcelina. He was a gem.
530pm came and I was silent and nervous as hell. The difference between Susie and I being nervous is I quiet and she is talkative.....Gloria drove us downtown were we arranged to meet them outside Santa Allende, a supermarket. Gloria called Norita on her mob and Norita told her what they were wearing etc and we pulled up alongside them. Again I cant remember much as it was a blur but I remember Marcelina and Norita got into the car and we held each other sobbing for 10 mins. We couldnt exchange words due to the language barrier so we just sat there holding each other. There wasnt a dry eye in the car. Marcelina and Norita are my whole life and having come this far to finally see them was too much for me I was a mess and so were they. Marcelina was very nervous and couldnt stop holding my hand, which I love to say are exactly like mine. Norita on the other hand was a gorgeous, beautiful, bubbly girl who was so excited and beautiful. We parked the car and went across the road to a park. Were Gloria helped us translate our converstion. I didnt talk much but had a MASSIVE smile on my face and kept holding onto Marcelina and Norita for dear life. I also kept staring at them as to see what they looked like in great detail. Marcelina and Norita were extremely happy with the outcome as I I and Marcelina NEVER thought she would see me again after she gave me up. The lanaguage barrier is a massive issue but I def going to learn spanish and come back. They so kindly invited us to their house tom for lunch. Gloria isnt coming as we have already asked too much from her so its Susie and I. Its going to be difficult but we will try. They live 1 hour away in Lampa so we are going to get a bus from the city and Norita is going to meet us and take us. I very excited to meet Teresa my other youngest sister and Marcelina husband. It certainly will be an experience. I took some photos and will take more tom. After talking for about 2 hours Marcelina and Norita had to leave. I hated saying good bye to them but will see them again tom. Wish me luck..

6 comments:

Sophi & Cam said...

I'm crying all the way with you bella. Love you so much i'm over the moon, balling my eyes out and speechless for you!!!

love you bella, wish i could be right there next to you
xoxo
sophi

Unknown said...

If my words don't make sense it's because I can't see the screen! I've got rivers right now. I'm so happy for you, in all honesty, I haven't read any of your emails as it makes me sad to be in Sydney, but this one I read twice!

Good luck over the next few days gorgeous, a truly happy end of an era and the beginning of a new one; you must be elated! I look forward to seeing you in the coming weeks... All my love,

Benny xxx

caroline Johnston said...

Louisa, I too have tears running down my face, what a wonderful outcome. Christo just came home and told me this absolutely wonderful news, so I have rung Gag and told her and will now print out your story and take it up to her to read asap. We are all over the moon for you both!! What a fabulous Christmas present.
Love to both you and Susie, we are thinking of you both at the moment.
Love Caroline J

lougladstone said...

Thankyou all very much for you beautiful and kind words. This experience has been amazing and I love sharing it with you all. I promise I will email you all personally soon I am just EXHAUSTED emotionally and physically I havent slept properly in 2 weeks ..so tired but love you all and speak to you soon.
Xx Lou

caroline Johnston said...

Louisa I printed out your blog and took it up to Gag & Poppy last night. Poppy cried and Gag sent back this message.
'I felt like crying whilst Caroline read your story. We are so pleased you found your birth mother and she sound so lovely. We are thinking of you all at the moment. Poppy and I are always thinking of you and love you very much, we wish you well for the rest of the trip.'

lougladstone said...

Thankyou so much Caroline for giving the story to Pop and Gag Are you able to give me your email address so I can email you? Thanks Much Much Love Louisa