Friday, November 30, 2007

Searching for my birth mother.

Our main purpose for coming to Chile was to find my birth mother. We thought to search in Talca since I was born there. So we contacted SENAME which is an adoption agency in Chile. We spoke to Marcelo the contact in Talca and told him our story. He said he would try and find my birth mother. I was excited about this because 2 weeks ago my friend who is also adopted from Talca, Chile found and met his birth mother through Marcelo. So this was great news and hope for me.
In Santiago we stayed at the Vila Franca. This was run by Gloria a gorgeous, kind, happy woman who spoke english.
I asked her to call Marcelo again and ask him what day next week would be good to see him as that is when we would be in Talca.
Gloria told me he said he had been around Talca to the address my birth mother lived at at the time of my birth and that he had found nothing. He would look again though that weekend. This dissappointed me.
Gloria suggested calling the police and speaking to the missing person unit. She did that for us giving the police man all my birth mothers details. He said he would call back after he made a few enquiries. Five mins later he called back and told us 3 blocks from our hotel was a police station with a missing person unit. With no hestiation Gloria said lets go.
We walked straight into Rodrequize office and Gloria and him spoke in spanish telling him my story. At the beggining it didnt look to good. Gloria was telling me the law no longer allows police to look up people unless its offical but he did it for us anyway. He typed in my birth mothers name Marcelina del Carmen Sepulveda Diaz and her birthdate which turns out to be 1956 instead of 1957 which made her 26 when she had me. He seemed to be typing for ages and consutling Gloria and our paperwork. He then called Gloria around to his computer and I could tell she was looking at a photo and she had tears in her eyes. I cant really remember what happened next but Gloria told me we had found her and Rodrequize was shaking m hand. I was hysterical I couldnt stop crying, shaking and holding Susie. This is what I have been waiting for all my life just that moment in time changed me forever. I knew everything would be alright now. Rodrequize took down her details and told us she lives in Lampa 1 hour out of Santiago. He called her house and got her husband who told him she wouldn`t be home until 730pm. He suggested to us that we call her first and then arrange a meeting. I couldnt thank this man enough for his help I just gave him a hug and said thankyou. As we walked out I felt like I was walking on air. Since then this whole time has been a dream to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need this moment. Please contact me at kcjvideos@gmail.com if you still keep up with your blog. I'm basically in the same situation. I have information about her, but I just don't know how to go about finding her.

Unknown said...

I need this moment. Please contact me at kcjvideos@gmail.com if you still keep up with your blog. I'm basically in the same situation. I have information about her, but I just don't know how to go about finding her.